Modem Field Test Engineer, LTE/UMTS/GSM - Contract (Frankfurt)
Ref Code: TestEng-20110328
- Executing field tests on latest mobile phones (hardware platforms, prototypes, software).
- Tested technologies: WCDMA, GSM/GPRS, LTE.
- Troubleshooting / analyzing issues, optimizing system performance.
- Collecting Key Performance Indicators.
- Responsible for reporting of results and issues.
- Inter-working with a multi-discipline team (Software Development, System Design, Customer Support, ASIC Design, RF Circuits and Hardware Design, etc.).
- Location: Frankfurt (Germany).
- Travelling: the position will require travel in Europe approx. 75% of the time.
- Rate / Gross Salary: based on knowledge/experience.
- Start: As soon as possible.
- Employment Type: contract (6months, with possible extension).
The ideal candidate will have:
- 0-3 years experience in Field Testing or System Optimization role.
- Some previous work experience in IT/telecom (part-time or full-time).
- Analytical skills and basic end-to-end “technical feeling” for troubleshooting.
- Strong computer skills (windows based OS – XP, Win7) – setup, configuration.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP and networking (knowledge of wireshark logging is a benefit).
- Exposure in one or more of following areas:
1. Understanding of digital communications systems, RF propagation, wireless air interface, telecommunications concepts
2. Understanding of Physical/MAC layers and Call Processing concepts in GSM/UMTS/LTE
3. Understanding of wire line and wireless data protocol stacks including PPP, IP, TCP, etc.
4. Understanding of software development and testing concepts for wireless handsets for various air interface standards
5. Familiarity with air interface performance analysis, characterization and optimization
- English – fluent speaking/writing (documentation, emails, conversation).
- Strong communication skills, must be an effective team player and be able to work independently.
- Willing to learn, ability to cope with changing requirements.
- Interest in traveling, “easy-going” approach to changing environment and cultural differences.
- A degree in the Electronics, RF Engineering, Telecommunications, Radio Communication, Networking, Computer Science or Physics